Thursday, April 1, 2010

Can't Have These 3 Things? FEZ!!


Taking the advice of the lurvly Mellie Bassett, and joining the Top 3 Thursday club. This week's topic: The top 3 things I can't live without, countdown-style. I'm choosing to go with the top 3 things I can't live without every day, rather than the top 3 things I can't live without in my entire life ('cause that would just be too hard). Enjoy, and don't judge too harshly!

#3: Diet Coke

I love Diet Coke. No, correction-I LURV Diet Coke. Gave it up for Lent this year, and dang if I wasn't ready to punch someone in the face for an ice-cold D.C. three days in. I gave up all desserts for Lent, too, but that hasn't been quite as difficult. Just like Mellie dreams in baked goods, I dream of Diet Coke...sitting on my balcony and enjoying the lovely Alabama sunshine with a Diet Coke in my hand, drinking Diet Coke for breakfast, Diet Coke when I don't feel well...Diet Coke Diet Coke DIET COKE! Excuse me, got away from myself there...But yes, Diet Coke. Can't wait for Sunday, where I will be enjoying a fantastic dinner of red velvet cheesecake and Diet Coke. Bring it.

#2: My iPod touch

The thing I love about my iPod touch is that it plays music, movies, games, if there's wireless internet available I can surf the Internet if I so choose...it's pretty much got it all. It has served my very well in some of my more boring classes and has kept me from getting too restless. I love listening to the "new" music that I've forgotten was even on my iPod that is provided to me by the Genius feature of the new iTunes. The iPod touch keeps me endlessly entertained despite my deceptively short attention span.

And now, drum roll please. The #1 thing I can't live without in my every day life: CHAPSTICK.

Seriously. I need chapstick constantly. I have no less than 5 open chapsticks at all times, just so that I will have one whenever and wherever necessary: in my bag for school, on my night table, in my car, in my racquetball bag, and at my desk. If for some reason I am somewhere without a chapstick handy, my mother always comes prepared and has one ready for me. I love that about my madre, that no matter how old my sister and I get, she will always know what we need (want) and have it ready for us. For me, it's chapstick. She knows what's up, and she gets the job done.

That's it, my contribution to Top 3 Thursday. Don't forget to watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution tomorrow (Friday) night at 8 PM on ABC...let's hope some of these crazy people will start getting on board with the project.

A

1 comment:

  1. Oh m'gah can't wait for Sunday when we get cheesecake and diet cokes!! Oh it's gonna be a happy day. And I too, could probably round up seven tubes of chapstick around my house. Welcome to Top 3 Thursdays! Yay!

    Oh, and Viva la Food Revolucion!!

    ReplyDelete