Thursday, April 8, 2010

Not quite phobias, but scary nonetheless...


Have been HELLA crazed this week, getting ready for GradFest '10, getting all the schoolwork done (hey teachers, I have more classes than just yours!! FYI...), getting ready for my tournament in PA, and recovering from last weekend in Memphis. So I will discuss my weekly Top 3 Thursday topic, then discuss the awesomeness that was last weekend. They're kind of random, but...read on, good readers!


MY TOP 3 FEARS

1. My Dad not making it to my wedding day. I am not ready to get married...it's not even close to being on my radar right now. But my Dad is getting up there in his years, and he's already had a heart attack...it scares the absolute fudge out of me that he won't be there for my special day. Both of my sisters are married, and he was there for each of their days-I want him to be there for mine, too. My Dad and I are pretty close, and I absolutely cannot imagine him not being there. This fear is making me sad, so-NEXT!

2. Big dogs. As much as I am against little teacup dogs and how they fit oh-so-snugly into an oversize bag, I would pick a teeny tiny dog over a big dog any day. I got bitten on the forehead by a big dog when I was younger, which I think is where it comes from...I was just trying to give it a hug, but NO! That dog would have none of it. And I'm sure it was just a normal-size dog that seemed huge because I was a little girl, but that doesn't matter-no big dogs in my house.

Last but not least...3. I won't be able to have kids. Just like with marriage, kids are NOT on my radar. It is my secret dream to be one of those crazy busy moms who carts her kids around to school, leads the carpool, cuts the orange slices for the soccer/football/softball/WHATEVER team, and has the coolest SUV on the block that all the kids want to ride in (it absolutely will not be a mini van-my days of being a mad mom in a mini van are OVA!). Again, this desire comes from my mamacita-I have absolutely no idea how she managed to juggle her work, and school and multiple sports teams for both me and my sister, but it has been such a blessing for me to have a mom like that, and I want to do the same for my kids. Not being able to have kids would absolutely crush me. And how many times does that happen...you're going along, having a great life, you meet that right person for you, you're ready to have kids, and BAM! Sorry, you can't have any. Ideally, if that describes your life, things work out and you are able to have a baby anyway, eventually-it happened that way for my sister, and this is what she popped out.


Who has the cutest niece in the world?! I DO!! Anyway, that is the thing I fear the most...not being able to have kids.

So that was pretty vulnerable, and now you all know me a little bit better. Next post: a recap of my surprise Memphis weekend!!

A




3 comments:

  1. You're not scared of Dan Dan, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Dan Dan scared me at first, but now I feel like we could be best buds...LOVE Dan Dan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! It woulda broken Dan Dan's heart if you were scared of him. True story

    ReplyDelete