Friday, April 30, 2010

"What Part of 'Top 3 THURSDAY' Didn't You Understand?!?!"


That title is a direct quote from someone...I know, I know: it's no longer Thursday, it's no longer even Friday, and this is the "Top 3 Thursday" topic, but sugarrayleonard I've been busy!! It's "Dead Week" at school, I've been trying to catch up on the infinitesimal amount of sleep that I've gotten this week, and, most importantly: my bestie from high school got in to town on Thursday!! Needless to say (though apparently I do need to say it), I've had other stuff going on! But without further ado, let's get right down to the nitty gritty: my top 3 things on my Bucket List.

#1. I want to live on my own. I had roommates in college. I have lived at home, as an adult. I have moved out of my house permanently, and thus am out on my own...with a roommate. But I want to live ON MY OWN. No roommates, no parents, no kids-just ME. I love coming home and having Alex to talk to if I want, but I want to know what it is like to live 100% by myself. Can I do it? Will I like it? Probably not for a long time, a year would probably be sufficient, but it is definitely something I want to do. Not sure why...but it's up there on the Bucket List.

#2. I want to have a child. I LOVED spending two whole days with my niece Elizabeth over Christmas. It was so much fun drawing with her, and playing blocks with her, and watching her play "Jingle Bells" with my keys, and watching her pick out her lunch, and watching her feed herself chicken nuggets, and just watching her be her own person in general. Alex and I were recently at Jason's Deli for lunch, where we saw two VERY cute twins, and she said something like, "I want to have a baby! Actually, I want to have a baby to play with for awhile and then give it back." I quickly reminded her that they have a name for something like that: babysitting. And babysitting is fun. And when Elizabeth was first born and she cried a lot, it was great to be able to hand her back to Kim. But at some point, I want to have a child of my own.

#3. I want to do the "Tour de Majors". I just made that up. And so what is the "Tour de Majors" you might ask?? It would be this: Preferably in one year (although that particular part of this Bucket List item is not necessary), I would like to travel to and watch all four of the tennis majors: the Australian Open, the French Open (this one is my least favorite), Wimbledon (seats on Centre Court?! YES PLEASE!!), and the US Open (if Andy Roddick wins another major here, and I am at that US Open, that would just be icing on the cake-I was SO MAD that I missed watching him win his only major...stupid racquetball tournament in Rosarito Beach). I love tennis, and I think it would be infinitely more exciting to be there for the actual tournament, and honestly if you're going to travel to some sort of event, why not make it the creme de la creme?! If I could meet Andre Agassi at some point during this tour, that would be fantastic, too!!

Honorable Mention: To cook with Rachael Ray and/or Paula Deen. Does this one really need an explanation? I don't think so!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment