Thursday, April 8, 2010

SURPRISE!!

So last weekend was my first-ever experience with a surprise party. It was incredibly difficult to keep it a secret-there were a bunch of times that I almost spilled the beans/gave away the fact that there was a party. But alas, victory! I did not ruin the surprise. It was without a doubt one of the most exciting things that I may have ever been a part of! And no that doesn't make me a sad and pathetic human being-allow me to explain.

I think birthdays are the SHIIZ. As in, I believe that a person's birthday should be all about that person...birthdays are my favorite. My birthday is my favorite holiday, then Christmas. Bottom line: I LOVE BIRTHDAYS.

Anyway, the surprise party was for Nathan. It had been in the works since about the end of February, party scheduled for April 2...a lot of planning went in to this party! Three of Nathan's good friends in Memphis put it on for him-I was in charge of wrangling all of the Alabama people together and getting them up there for the party...I failed miserably. I was the only one able to be there. In my defense, it was scheduled for Easter weekend, and everyone had plans to go home for Easter...it is very difficult for me to get to Ohio from Alabama and back in three days, so I was the UA rep for the party. ANYWAY...

The party was amazing. Nate had no idea that it was actually a party for him, and the look of utter surprise on his face when he walked in the door was priceless. He really had a great time, as he should!! So Happy Birthday to Nate-Happy Birthday last week for your surprise party, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY next week for when your birthday actually is! You deserve it.

Princess Consuela Banana Hammock

No comments:

Post a Comment